Professionals of Allied Health sciences is a group of health professional who apply their expertise to prevent disease transmission,diagnose,treat and rehabilitate people of all ages and all specialties together with range of technical and supporting staff. They deliver direct patient care to restore and maintain optimal physical, sensory, psychological, cognitive and social functions. Allied Health Professional are trained in many skills depending on their profession, it may include basic life support; medical technology, acronyms and spelling; basics of medical law and esthetics, understanding of human relations; interpersonal communication skills; counseling skills; computer literacy ; ability to document healthcare information, interviewing skills and proficiency in word processing, database management and electronics database.
Goals of the Program:
The Goals of the 4 years degree programmed in Allied Health Sciences is to equip the students with relevant professional knowledge, skills, techniques and ethical values to enable them to apply their acquired expertise at the level between the doctors and the patient for efficient health care service delivery.
Department Of Allied Health Sciences is affiliated with ShaheedZulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University (SZABMU)PIMs, Islamabad.
Department Of Allied Health Sciences is attached with the following hospitals for students training.
The admissions for 1st semester Allied Health Sciences (all disciplines) are open. The applicants are required to submit complete applications along with documents . The College prospectus can be obtained from the college Admission Office in person or by post from the following address:
Bashir institute of health Sciences near Adil CNG Simly Dam Road Sari Chowk Bara KahuIslamabad.The charges for the prospectus are to be deposited in cash Rs.2000 at the Admission Office counter in person. Requests by post should be accompanied by a bank draft of Rs.2000 (within Pakistan)
HSSC (pre-medical) with minimum of 50% marks
50% marks in SZABMU entry test/NMDCAT is a pre-requisite for admission
Interview with the faculty is part of the evaluation for selection. Interview is conducted by the BIHS. Each applicant will meet at least with one interviewer for -5 minutes. The purpose of the interview is to meet a living soul, as opposed to an application on paper, and appreciate those personality attributes, which one would like to see in a caring doctor, such as empathy and understanding.
Relative weightage of all the components of the Admission Process;
The candidate should attach the attested copies of following documents
- Transport charges will be claimed according to route distance & feasibility
- Fee charges can be deposited either in account office of Bashir Institute of Health Sciences Islamabad by hand or can be deposited in any branch of MeezanBank in above mentioned account.
- If fee is not deposited in till ——- your admission will be cancelled and awaiting candidate will be called for admission.
- Please return fee deposit slip to Bashir Institute of Health Sciences Islamabad before ———— either by Hand or by post at given office address below.
Following dues will be paid by the students other than above mentioned charges
- University fee will be paid by the students as per university rules & regulations.
- Sports & Extracurricular Dues (As per BIHS Rules)
- The institute authority reserves the right to amend the fee structure as and when seem necessary.
- Registration Fee/Admission Fee is non-refundable.
- Security Deposit is refundable after completion of degree and no adjustment against security will be entertained during academic stay in the institute.
- Tuition Fee is refundable within 15 days of convene of classes on a pro rata basis as given below.
- No refund including security charges shall admissible after 15 days of convene of classes either one joins BIHS/avails facilities or not.