Department Of Nursing
Bashir institute of health Sciences Islamabad is one of the premier institutes in private public sector in the Capital of Pakistan Islamabad. It affiliates with the Shaheed Zulifiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University. The purpose is to provide standard health care nursing education to the people of Pakistan and to ensure that student of BIHS have creative and innovative as well as research based mindset of a true health care professional .The Department of Nursing is responsible for the education, research, and practice of nurses in an inter professional health sciences environment. The philosophy of the Department of Nursing embodies the concepts of nursing, health, person, and environment, within education, research, and practice. The faculty believes that the discipline of nursing is both an art and a science.
This Department is affiliated with Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University (SZABMU) Islamabad for Post RN BSN & Diploma in ICU and with the University of Health Sciences (UHS) Lahore for BSN Generic Program.
Department Of Nursing is attached to the following hospitals for students training.
- Maroof International Hospital Islamabad
- Al-Syed Hospital Rawalpindi
- National Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine Islamabad
Degree / Diploma Offers
- Generic BSN (4 years Degree program)
- Eligibility Criteria: F.Sc pre-medical with 50% marks
- 2 Post RN BSN(2 years Degree program)
- Eligibility Criteria:
- Matric with Science as per HEC requirements.
- Diploma in Nursing (registered with Pakistan Nursing Council)
- Diploma in Midwifery/ for male nurses one year specialized course (registered with Pakistan Nursing Council)
- 1 year clinical experience (Post experience of midwifery/specialty)
- Valid PNC registration with all entries of professional qualifications
- 3.Post Basic Speciality in ICU (1 year Diploma program)
- Eligibility Criteria: As per PNC rules
Admissions and fee Schedule for session 2020
The admissions for 1st semester post RN Nursing and Diploma in ICU are open. The applicants are required to submit complete applications along with documents. The College prospectus can be obtained from the college Admission Office :
Bashir institute of health Sciences near Adil CNG Simly Dam Road Sari Chowk Bara Kahu Islamabad.
Eligibility Criteria :
As per PNC rules
Note: 50% marks in SZABMU entry test 2019 is pre-requisite for admission in post RN and Diploma in ICU
Interview with the faculty is part of the evaluation for selection. Interview is conducted by the BIHS. Each applicant will meet at least with one interviewer for -5 minutes. The purpose of the interview is to meet a living soul, as opposed to an application on paper, and appreciate those personality attributes, which one would like to see in a caring doctor, such as empathy and understanding.
Relative weightage of all the components of the Admission Process;
The candidate should attach the attested copies of following documents
The candidate should attach the attested copies (2 Copies) of following document
- Secondary school certificate
- F.Sc Pre medical certificate
- Diploma in Nursing from PNC recognized institution (3 years) ( For Post RN and post basic specialty in ICU )
- Diploma in Midwifery (any Post Basic Specialty for male in lieu of midwifery ( For Post RN and post basic specialty in ICU )
- 1 year clinical experience Letter (Post experience of midwifery/specialty) ( For Post RN and post basic specialty in ICU )
- Valid PNC registration with all entries of professional qualifications ( For Post RN and post basic specialty in ICU )
- Affidavit/undertaking on judicial paper of RS: 30/- attested by 1stclass magistrate
- Transport charges will be claimed according to route distance & feasibility
- Fee charges can be deposited either in account office of Bashir Institute of Health Sciences Islamabad by hand or can be deposited in any branch of Meezan Bank in above mentioned account.
- If fee is not deposited in till ………………. your admission will be canceled and awaiting candidate will be called for admission.
- Please return fee deposit slip to Bashir Institute of Health Sciences Islamabad before………….. either by Hand or by post at given office address below.
The fee structure for Post RN Program
The fee structure for Diploma in Post Basic Specialty in ICU
Security fee (refundable)
The fee structure for BSN Generic Program
Following dues will be paid by the students other than above mentioned charges
- University fee will be paid by the students as per university rules & regulations.
- Sports & Extracurricular Dues (As per BIHS Rules)
- The institute authority reserves the right to amend the fee structure as and when seem necessary.
- Registration Fee/Admission Fee is non-refundable.
- Security Deposit is refundable after completion of degree and no adjustment against security will be entertained during academic stay in the institute.
- Tuition Fee is refundable within 15 days of convene of classes on a pro rata basis as given below. No refund shall be admissible after 15 days of convene of classes either one joins BIHS/avails facilities or not.
Timeline for Refund of Tuition Fees
%age of Refund
Before convene of classes
Up to 1 week of convene of classes
Up to 2 week of convene of classes
After 2 week of convene of classes
FACULTY MEMBERS OF INSTITUTE OF NURSING